Built in 1855, Le Prese Hotel was originally a lakeside spa and wellness resort for the 19th century elite.
In 1904, the hotel was bought by hydroelectric company Forze Motrici Brusio. Under this management, the hotel became a prestigious holiday resort defined by its tranquility, beautiful setting and its lakeside pool, known as Strandbad.
For over a century, the hotel’s regular guests returned year after year to vacation at Le Prese Hotel. Guests included prominent names from the world of Swiss and European finance and arts, who came to enjoy the comfort, attention to detail, clear lake waters, the garden and grounds, ideal for strolling and relaxing, the superb cuisine and the warm welcome they received.
In 2013 the hotel was lovingly renovated by the new owner, Irma Sarasin, restoring the building and spaces to their former glory.
Almost two centuries have passed since Le Prese Hotel was built and it maintains, to this day, its historic past, beautiful setting, magnificent gardens, marina set in the garden, spectacular lake and mountain views and the tranquility of times past. Guests, meanwhile, are still treated to impeccable service and the comforts of a superior hotel.